Eleven tiles on the ceiling were counted,
before I stepped cautiously on each
carefully considered grain of wood,
slipping into well-loved, worn shoes
Eleven blocks walked to my favourite bakery
a loaf of bread warm in my palms, each piece
a sigh of fresh steam and a satisfied smile
Eleven cents change jingles in my pocket,
and I am at peace with that odd little number.
I had the great honour of being tagged by sweet and lovely @herewithlu, who has been a great part of my life (however quiet) especially in recent months.
Here are some rules:
Rule 1: Always post the rules. (Reminds you of Fight Club, doesn't it?)
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you has asked and write eleven new ones.
Rule 3: Tag eleven new people!
1. What are you most passionate about in life?
• Ah, I am passionate about far too much in life. I will try and simplify. I love the world for how much it challenges me but also for what it gives. I am passionate about compassion. I love humans, animals, the earth, sky, trees, beautiful old buildings with hardwood floors and high ceilings. I love to give, I love to share, and I love to be shared with. I like opening the minds of sad or angry people by reminding them that beauty is still left in the world. I am passionate about the rights of every living thing, and I believe in the acceptance of any colour, race, culture or religion. I am passionate about art, music, simple pleasures, but I am passionate about loving most of all.
2. Who is your favourite musician or group?
• This is also a very difficult question to answer. I will forever love Ella Fitzgerald. She could sing to me forever and I would never tire of her.
3. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you or a close friend in the last few years?
• I laugh at so much, that I don't believe I can answer this!
4. Do roller-coasters make you deliriously happy or scared out of your mind? (Yes, this is an either or, there is no in between!)
• Oh, I am frightened by roller coasters. I will never ride one. But I love to look at them. They're quite marvelous to look at.
5. I’m sorry, I have to go here, I’m running out of ideas – who, if anyone, do you have a celebrity crush on?
• I will forever have a girl-crush on Audrey Hepburn. She is perfect. Otherwise, a young Marlon Brando.
6. Do you play an instrument?
• I play three! Piano, flute, and ukulele. If my own voice counts as an instrument, then I suppose I play four.
7. If you could pass one law in your country right now, what would it be?
• I would absolutely legalize all love. It is not up to us to tell us who can and can't marry.
8. If you had your ideal job, what would it be? Do you have it?
• My ideal job would be to work with challenged or underprivileged children, share my art with them, and inspire them as much as I could to make their own creations, and to never feel ashamed of their creativity and to always share it with whomever they can.
9. What’s your favourite food?
• My favourite foods are Japanese Kansai staples: summer soba, udon, okonomiyaki, and sushi if it counts!
10. If you could sit down and talk to anyone in the world, who would you talk to?
• I would talk His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso. He has so much wisdom and peacefulness to impart! I would be forever honoured and grateful to listen to him.
11. Who are you closest to in your family?
• I'm closest to my mama. She is the most wonderful person I know and I hope that one day I can be half the woman that she is.
Answer these for me!
1. What is your favourite simple pleasure?
2. What part of your day do you like best (i.e. dusk, mid-afternoon)?
4. What is your favourite song right now? Why?
5. Who is your real-life hero, and why?
6. Do you have a lucky number? If so, what is it? Is there a special reason behind your number?
7. What's your best habit? Your worst?
8. What's your favourite part about each of the four seasons?
9. Do you have a comfort food or drink?
10. If you could learn a foreign language, what would it be? Look up how to say "I love you" in the language. What is it?
11. What's your favourite color and why?
I choose you!
If you want to fill this out, go for it! I really need to get re-involved with Polyvore. If you're not tagged but want to answer these, go right ahead! If you don't care to put it in a set, go ahead and write it in the comments of mine. Many of the old friends I've made haven't been active for at least five months. So I'll say the same thing a little differently: Let's be friends!